Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 40

40 days. Wow. I'm surprised I've had urges to grab sweet things, like a fig bar sitting on the counter. I thought sweets wouldn't tempt me at all after 30 days. I guess it takes awhile longer to get the compulsive behavior completely out of my system. When I want to grab something sweet on impulse, it is a reflection of the behavior to eat over feelings, I believe. Not actually a desire for sugar. Because 95% of the time, I don't even think about sweets.

Old behaviors take awhile to completely transform. That is why I still snack in the evenings. My trouble spot. The best thing I can do is observe what is going on in my head when I overeat. Yesterday I wrote in my journal and discovered that someone had said something triggering a lifelong desire to be liked by everyone. When I perceive that I am not, it creates a disturbance inside me and what calms that? Yep -- food. So simple, yet what a feat to choose an alternative calming behavior. The more often I do, the more that will become my new strategy. What I focus on becomes my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment