Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 28

My experiment with not eating after 7pm has taught me that I definitely feel better without the evening snacking. I ate squash seeds a couple nights this week when I felt uncomfortably hungry around midnight, and woke up in the morning with a fullness that I didn't like in my stomach. I have to find a balance. Because with not enough food, or too much insulin, my blood sugars drop too low in the morning. The solution seems to be to have a planned snack before bed containing protein and/or fat that will keep my blood sugar stable through to the morning. But still know that I will stop eating by 7pm (except for the snack) so it's not free range on eating all evening.

My next week's experiment is to continue with my 7pm curfew on eating until next Friday. And drink soy milk or eat a small protein snack at bedtime. And continue observing the feelings and thoughts that emerge at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment