Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 31

I am sitting at a board meeting watching everyone eat these delicious, beautifully decorated cupcakes with flavors like red velvet cake, strawberry guava, and peanut butter butter cream. Comments like "oooh, ahhh, yum yum" are rampantly circulating. I wonder how they will taste when I order xylitol and make my own yummilicious cupcakes. But for now, despite my salivary glands calling for a big bite of frosted cake, I am happy to be sugar-free for 31 days and counting. Sweet desserts, even flavored with something healthy like xylitol, are a treat. Treats are special, occasional, and fun. Not something that my body needs or even wants every day. The trick is to feed my body nourishing food that I enjoy, and save treats for special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment