Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 14

The idea of eating sweets still appeals to me. My friend Linda, who is 6 months off sugar now, isn't even interested in sweets anymore. I imagine I'll get to that point. Today, though, this incredible purple sweet potato and haupia pie topped with thick whipped cream sure looked delectable to me! Oh yeah, and it sat on a macadamia shortbread crust. Not that I noticed. We bought it for a friend's birthday, and I sat with them as they ate it. I observed that I kind of wished I could have some, but there was no question that I would not. I felt the power of my commitment.

For lunch a little later I ate a guava plucked directly from the tree. The yellow skin was so soft, and I love the unusualness of this pink fruit with crunchy seeds. Again I was filled with awe at this gift from the earth.

My dinner tonight, baked pumpkin and long squash, along with basil eggplant, tasted so good! My hunger from an empty stomach increased the pleasure. One day perhaps I will be able to eat them without loads of butter and salt, with the same pleasure. But one thing at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment