Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 38

Some observations over the weekend:

1. A neighbor brought over a plate of cookies and I eyed it with a slight impulse to grab one. I put foil over the top so I wouldn't be tempted. That seems to work. Out of sight, out of mind. . . . This is actually a very good tool to change impulsive eating behavior.

2. Eating popcorn late at night wreaks havoc with my blood sugar level several hours later. Or is it just eating two bags of microwave popcorn with extra butter that is the culprit? Oftentimes I forget that it is the amount eaten rather than the food itself that adversely affects my blood sugar.

3. Since I lost the 5 pounds in spite of eating more than I need almost every day, I seem to have developed a bit of a cocky attitude. This weekend I ate plenty! I'm sure my body is quite capable of putting that weight back into every spot it came out of. (editor's note: excuse the ending of the sentence in a preposition) I do get the forgiveness clause though, because my blood sugars dropped too low several times, then rebounded when I overcorrected with insulin. So I was out of balance and not in the best decision-making mode.

4. Since I have stopped obsessively looking at myself in the mirror, (okay, a peek now and then), I had a pleasant surprise when a friend snapped some candid pics of me tonight. I didn't realize how thin I look! Thin is a relative word, of course. Nonetheless, I liked how I looked. Maybe it was the angle.

5. Last comment. As I pulled a cereal flake out of the box to add to my mousie's dinner plate, I tasted one. This organic cereal that I haven't eaten since going off sugar tasted so sweet! And to think I always added sweetener when I used to eat it. The taste buds are changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment