Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 26

Where to start.... My experiment to not eat after 7pm is interesting and revealing. The first two nights I felt an absence of that "filler." I kept wanting to grab a bite, a snack, something to put in my mouth. It really keeps other feelings at bay to eat instead. Then I realized I was eating more during the day because I had this time "curfew." So that eating thing just popped up in another place. Yesterday I had a fantastic road trip to the North Shore with some friends. It was filled with good conversation, nature, animals, satisfying vegetarian food -- all things nourishing to my soul. Yet, I overate in the late afternoon and popped a bag of popcorn to fill up on right before 7pm. Very interesting.... I will continue observing myself without judgment as much as possible. It was tempting to feel bad about myself today, but I am going to remember that this is an experiment to observe my behavior. I am quite sure that insights will pop up if I stay away from the indulgence of self-blame, shame, and guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment