Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 17

Yesterday I made such a scrumptious soup: 12 vegetables (including two kinds of sweet potatoes and pumpkin), 3 herbs, spices, nuts, coconut milk and cream cooked, blended, and ready to eat. It was yummy! And totally sugar-free! I certainly ate more than my share.

Today while standing in line at Starbucks, I got a hint of nostalgia for the sweet and spicy holiday drinks that I will not be indulging in this year. The advertising is all to blame, of course -- backdrops of pretty, warm scarves with whipped cream-topped hot chocolates and coffees displayed so temptingly. It got me thinking..... that cozy, warm holiday fun represented by those drinks is still mine for the taking. And I can make a mean cinnamon spice hot tea with sweetener and cream for every salted caramel hot chocolate out there. Eggnog, beware! I will find a way to holiday happiness without one sip of your sweet and creamy delectableness crossing my lips.

There's always sweet potato soup.....

No comments:

Post a Comment