Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 23

A quick post. I'm doing some emotional eating in the evenings. Long-time habit. Since I'm doing great with commitments posted to this blog, and it's giving me such freedom (from sugar and watching my body for weight gain/loss), I am declaring another commitment. As an experiment, I am going to stop eating by 7pm every night this week until my next insulin study appointment on Friday, Oct. 15. And I am going to observe myself in the evenings for feelings and thoughts that emerge. There!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you across the ocean. You're inspiring and wise. I liked Judy C's e-mail thought the other day about when a commitment like this feels like deprivation and backfires. I've been kind of feeling that, so decided to not be hard on myself about it. But I have been doing very well with exercising, and pushing myself a bit - which is something I don't normally do, and, for me, one healthy behavior leads to another. So I can already begin to feel the healthier eating starting. Today I actually had the treat of a spa day to be a good mom to myself in this month that is very sad for me.
    To comment on a blog, you can just click the '"0 comments" (who would know that?) and then see a page to post your comment.
    Have a good, healthy and caring Tuesday : ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea: one healthy behavior leads to another. We don't have to plan everything at once, just do one healthy behavior and sometimes other behaviors will fall in line. Thanks!

    What makes this a sad month for you? How beautiful to treat yourself to a spa day. One of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete