Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 107

My New Year's resolution, which came easily to me on New Year's Eve, is to stay with myself and my feelings instead of going into food.

As things go, I had a hypoglycemic episode in the wee hours of January 1st. I headed to the refrigerator for orange juice, grabbed a couple spoonfuls of vanilla frosting (which I had not even noticed in the frig previously), then it was straight to the cookie jar. Oh my, those Christmas cookies and peppermint bark were delicious!! Even as I was aware of the voice saying "But what about your year without sugar?" Well, this was a bump on the path! I'm treating myself gently and kindly. After all, low blood sugars are a trigger any time, without the emotional stir and swirl of feelings on a family trip at the holidays.

I have to also say that popcorn has been a bit of an issue. I love it at the movies, and we have seen a few. Do I need to eat huge amounts though? Soon I will see a movie and observe this urge to eat tons of popcorn, an effective escape from . . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment