Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 127

I love popcorn. Especially movie popcorn. So what a surprise it was to go to a movie with a friend and order the child size! Without butter! I tasted it and the kernels were perfectly delicious without the salt and butter (extra butter, even!) that I usually add. This came so easily. It wasn't a struggle. I didn't think twice. That was all that my body wanted. Wow.

I wonder if grieving dampened my appetite. My beloved mouse "Peanut" died yesterday. And it may have been my fault. Then my ex-boyfriend, who has been staying with me, erupted. So I am dealing with loss. I am making space to feel the sadness, the losses, the hole in my heart. I am allowing those feelings to be part of me. And in so doing, I don't need to eat. In this way, I experience all the flavors of life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment