Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 130

Last night and this morning I gave insulin for my meals, then didn't eat soon enough, resulting in low blood sugars. I handled it fine today, but last night I overate on fresh rice someone had just given me. Of course, in the middle of the night my blood sugar shot up and I had to correct it. The question is . . . what was going on last night that I ate over, even with the excuse of a body screaming for sugar? As I am doing inquiries on my eating, ala Geneen Roth style, I am discovering this belief that I have to eat everything now before it is taken away from me. That probably dates back to getting diabetes and having to eat only certain amounts that match my insulin rather than that match my hunger. What do I do with these old beliefs as I unearth them? Is awareness enough to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment