Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 125

Another amazing thing happened. I was so looking forward to a sugar-free pecan praline frozen yogurt at this shop near me. Finally the opportunity arose to have one tonight, and I didn't finish it! My body said that's enough and I listened. I felt sad that if I stop eating before I'm really full, I'll miss out on that completely satisfied feeling. The truth is, though, I need to move that feeling up so I can still enjoy it without the stuffed-stomach feeling that usually accompanies it. That might not make any sense to anyone but me. Geneen Roth suggests stopping at a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 -- did I write about that already? 5 is neither full nor hungry. I usually stop at a 6 or 7, so I want to move the feeling of satisfaction up to a 5.

When I stopped eating the yogurt tonight, I felt good and my stomach was not too full. The only bummer is that my blood sugar was 169 an hour later. Next time I may have to eat even less. Frozen yogurt, even sugar-free, is hard on blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment