Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 118

I wish I didn't have to write this. I have eaten some sugar products the last couple of days. I had two hypoglycemic episodes while pet sitting, and I used them as an excuse to drink some eggnog and eat a praline paste. Wow, I still like the taste of sweetness. Which is okay, I just prefer to not to indulge in sugar sweetness. I am a little off balance emotionally, which made me susceptible to those sweets.

Time to regroup, slow down, breathe, get back to my meditation twice a day.

I like it when I stay in my body. It feels right. It feels comforting. Yesterday I managed to stay with my feelings of anxiety, worry, disturbance, and anger for about half an hour. Even when they felt highly uncomfortable. Then that body presence and mindfulness flew out the window when I arrived at the dogs' house. Progress, not perfection. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment