Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 124

Something incredible has happened. This morning I made another delicious pancake, even adding almond butter to the yummy array of flavors. And . . . I stopped with 3 or 4 bites left on my plate! This is unheard of for me. I just heard this voice in my body saying that was enough, and I listened to it! I gave the leftover to a friend; maybe if I was by myself it would be hard to just throw it away. But nonetheless, this small step was a giant leap.

On my walk I became curious about why it is hard to stop when I am full. What came up was that I feel deprived and entitled. Entitled because this is what I figured out I could have, diabetes-wise, and deprived if I don't eat it all. Deep in my subconscious lie beliefs that govern the way I eat today. I would like to uncover them and let them go. As I do so, all my eating habits can return to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment