Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 123

I am over a third of the way through this year without sugar. I would have thought I'd have no desire for sweets by now. Not true though.

Today I had an absolutely delicious pancake, concocted by yours truly. A whole wheat pancake mix with only a trace of sugar -- the fifth or sixth ingredient after baking powder -- topped with diced bananas and coconut syrup. This coconut syrup was purported to have a low glycemic index. It is derived from the coconut tree and is extraordinarily healthy (and expensive). The thick syrup does not have a coconut taste (unfortunately). The whole combination was perfect. Just sweet enough without being too sweet. As if there is such a thing as too sweet -- I surprise myself by writing that.

Dinner was stir-fry vegetables and taro dill salad. A most satisfying day of meals. I ate just enough without feeling too full afterwards. Maybe I can do this after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment