Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 112

Back in Hawaii. No more episodes of sugar consumption, thank goodness. Boy, I thought Christmas would be hard, but I just saw a grocery store display: "Eggs are in." I LOVE the Cadbury Easter eggs!! I cannot believe they are already out in their tempting deliciousness.

Well, I am staying in my body remarkably well. It is so comforting to check out where my feelings are lodging and stay in the present moment that way. Rather than thinking too much, judging myself for my actions and thoughts, and losing myself in a netherworld that does not even exist.

I was starting to feel bad about eating too much food so I checked into my body. I observed the feeling of fullness, non-judgmentally noticed how it made me feel, and labeled self-judgment thoughts as exactly that when they came up. It is so easy and freeing to observe my thoughts in a detached way rather than criticizing myself with them. When has harsh judgment ever healed? I much prefer love and gentleness toward my self. Even with the few extra pounds I gained over Christmas. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment