Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 103

Holy Cow. I'm into the one hundreds!! I miss writing every day.

I had a little celebration of discovering sugar-free ice cream tonight. Chocolate chip mint -- yummy! I may have eaten a bit too much, but I don't feel stuffed. It feels good to eat a treat like that without the sugar hangover and bloated experience.

I have finally found time on this trip to read Geneen Roth's Women, Food, and God. I would recommend this book above all others for anyone with compulsive eating issues. She speaks to our souls. It's not about the food, it's about being with ourselves, no matter how painful. That is the true connection we crave, that is the blessed freedom, that is the joy beyond anything we can imagine. Staying with myself, experiencing whatever feeling comes along, embracing it rather than trying to escape or distance myself with food -- that is what I want. That leads me into a fully alive and present life. That is what takes me to ecstasy, as Geneen says.

What a great start to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment