Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 71

I'm in the 70's! Okay, moment of confession. On Thanksgiving I sampled a homemade eggnog and a cranberry concoction that both contained sugar. That was not a problem. What was, was eating reduced fat peanut butter containing sugar and corn syrup a couple nights ago. The past three nights have been all about emotional eating in the middle of the night. Loss, sadness, loneliness, betrayal, nostalgia, change -- big reasons to feel disturbed. Not big reasons to overeat. Tonight I talked to 3 friends for support, ate a satisfying dinner, plan to meditate when I finish this, and have a plan to call one of my friends if I get up and want to eat after I go to bed. And I gave away the peanut butter. I am committed to getting through the night without eating, no matter what. Tea is okay if I need to soothe myself. I'll see you in the morning for a report!

No comments:

Post a Comment