Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 61

I miss writing here every day. Life has gotten busy. Last night I shared a meal of beautiful steamed vegetables. Can a plate look prettier than one containing red beets, green broccoli, orange and purple sweet potatoes, yellow-green avocado, orange carrots, dark green zucchini, and purple eggplant? And most fresh from the Farmer's Market. Toss in a few salted macadamia nuts, and what a feast!

I have to watch my thoughts again about weight. With lots of things happening in my life, including transitions, visitors, work, emotional crises, grief, and increased responsibilities, I am tempted to cushion it all with food. And I may have gained a few pounds. I just looked up the calories in nuts. Egads, I am glad I am facing reality about that! Now I know that a snack of nuts for me has been up to several hundred calories!! I weighed out a normal snack-size portion in my smallest glass bowl so I can start adjusting accordingly. . . .

P.S. 61 days without sugar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment