Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 55

I need to be hungry when I go grocery shopping. All the Christmas eggnogs, peppermint whipped creams, and candy treats are powerful -- I can taste them! I am surprised that I am still triggered to want to eat them after 55 DAYS! off sugar now.

This afternoon at Walmart I thought I'd try a new sugar-free chocolate with a caramel filling. Well, I ate 6 or 7 pieces when 2 would have sufficed as a treat. I ate them rather compulsively, like I did with sugar. Hmmm . . . there's a lesson here.

One more thing -- is there any reason I needed to come home last night and eat 3 pieces of veggie
pizza just because the box was sitting on the counter? No, no, and no. And my blood sugar climbed way too high during the night. Now I am meeting my brother and sister-in-law at Cheesecake Factory. What an opportunity to relax, enjoy their company, and pay attention to my body's food needs and not-needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment