Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 57

I knew it. I made the most delicious vegan spaghetti, with sun-dried tomato and basil flavored Tofurky, fresh herbs, and my secret spice ingredient. After eating one extremely satisfying plate of the sauce over whole wheat noodles, I got up for more. This continued through clean up and even a midnight snack. This morning, besides a super high blood sugar, I kept craving that darn spaghetti. So I pulled the Ragu jar, my sauce base, out of the trash and sure enough -- sugar is the 3rd ingredient. Someone else will get to eat the rest of my incredibly flavorful and healthy --except for the sugar -- vegan spaghetti.

Sugar is such an insidious thing. Someone needs to let the world know how it works its way into everything. And so unnecessarily. I think I'm going back to sweet potatoes, boiled or steamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment