Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 47

I have been very successful at not eating sugar. I check ingredient lists if I have any doubt. Even with recent urges to eat something sweet, I have stayed true to my commitment. As behaviors like eating sugar move toward extinction, they often flare up in final attempts to stay alive. So I am observing these sudden wishes for a candy bar or a pumpkin frappuchino at Starbucks with patient amusement (and a little nostalgic sadness).

Now I wish to make a short term commitment: to stop eating when I am full between now and my insulin study appointment next Friday. I am motivated because I have to turn in my daily blood sugar logs and I like to have numbers within the normal range as much as possible. And the truth is, I want to lose more weight. I don't need the extra pounds. I want to be as healthy as possible. I was inspired by Wynonna Judd's change in eating behaviors. It is doable. We can all change whatever we want. Sometimes it takes a lot of trying, but the only people who fail are the people who give up. That's it for today's word of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment