Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 8

I am really taking this no-sugar commitment seriously. Today at the movies my friend bought a topping to sprinkle on the popcorn. I was about to grab a handful when I smelled something sweet. Sure enough, it was kettle corn flavoring. Tempting as it was to eat it anyway, I got up from my seat and went out for plain salted popcorn. I also resisted snacking on a few Reese's pieces, which I usually enjoy with popcorn. I didn't even have to think twice about it.

I am amazing myself. Writing this blog takes my commitment out of myself and into a larger space. I can tell that something is going to change as a result. Sugar has been a 30+ year addiction. Although I overate on popcorn and pistachios at the movies today, I am only tackling sugar for now. I know the rest will fall into place. I am forgiving and gentle with myself. My old behaviors are trying very hard not to die. But I have my eye on them, and trust that they will eventually go in peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment