Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 7

Ahhh -- my favorite number. Day 7 without sugar. I was about to reach for a bite of muffin a friend offered me tonight, in fact my fingers were touching that delicious muffin top, when I remembered how much sugar those big ones contain. I withdrew my hand! Congrats to me. It's been easy to stay away from obvious sugary foods, but food disguised as something other than sugar is deceptive. I'm checking ingredients on processed foods again, like back when I first got diabetes.

I started the second year of an insulin study today. It'll be interesting to see how my blood sugar levels differ over the course of this year. 358 days to go! Another friend called me up to share a rum-laden chocolate. I told her to put it in the freezer until next year! Will it even sound appealing then? Will I still be a chocoholic?

No comments:

Post a Comment