Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 4

There are so many delicious foods to eat. All without sugar! I looked in my refrigerator this morning and felt a little overwhelmed by all these yummy choices. Dill taro salad--vegan, even!, greens with avocado and bright cherry and golden tomatoes, a sweet organic nectarine, fresh fruit shakes that I make with a delicious pea protein powder, eggplant from the farmer's market
sautéed with basil, crunchy daikon and Japanese cucumbers --- to name a few that jumped out at me! I don't like to cook. I need to have easy foods that don't take much preparation. And my refrigerator is full of them. I am so lucky. The colors, the textures, the tastes. Filling my stomach with natural, healthy foods that are a gift of the earth. Yum yum!

One more thing before I go. Yesterday I felt incompetent at the meeting I facilitated. This was an excruciatingly uncomfortable feeling that I experienced for a couple of hours. But thanks to my no-sugar commitment, did I dull the feeling with cookies? NO!! Amazingly enough, I let the feelings be, even while feeling them several more hours until I went to bed. Of course, I did escape into an intense novel, but that didn't harm my body any! I'm liking this -- 361 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment