Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 12

Oops, I guess I listed two Day 10's.

I notice the blog is off by one day if I post late at night. Yesterday's post is listed as Tuesday, Sept 28. Here in Hawaii, today is actually Tues, Sept 28.

And today I had several realizations by 10am. One, I do not want to develop eye problems because of diabetes. At my eye appointment this morning, there was one "spot" in my eye -- where a blood vessel had burst. Next year I want to have perfect eyes! So I have a stronger intention to keep my blood sugars as close to normal as possible. I woke up with a 236 b.s. today because I overate on nuts last night, gave too much insulin to compensate, had a subsequent low sugar at 3am, then drank more juice than I needed. Oh, the challenge of balancing food, insulin, and exercise!! But BALANCE is such a beautiful word.

Second realization -- perhaps it is time to make a stronger commitment to finish eating by 7pm. For a bedtime snack, I can eat an apple or raw vegetable. Then I will enjoy the pleasure of waking up hungry, alert, and clear-minded. Waking up with a high blood sugar or full stomach is not fun.

My third realization -- I want more fun and happiness in my life. I say that as a declaration. Four years ago I stated out loud that I wanted more time. One month later I had a brain hemorrhage and subsequently had 3 years of time while I took a break from working. My declarations work!! I'm excited to see where this one will lead.

Fourth realization -- making that commitment a couple days ago to stop looking at myself in the mirror or feeling my body for fat was freeing! It gave me permission to stop obsessing about that. Who knew that's what I needed!

I look forward to the time when this blog isn't all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment