Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 5

Fuji apples, my favorite, are one of the least healthy apples. This I learned at the Vegetarian Society meeting tonight. Does that mean I switch to a healthier apple, like Red Delicious? Not now!! I love to eat a Fuji as a treat before bed, and as a reward to anticipate for not snacking all evening. I'm definitely keeping them in my diet for the time being.

As my taste buds drop the demand for sweet things, I hope to cut down on artificial sweeteners even more. I try to use stevia more often, but even that is harmless only in limited quantities, according to this evening's expert speaker. So far, I am not craving sugar, but the thought of a rich, chocolate brownie is a delicious one. My friend Judy, who makes the best dark chocolate brownies in the world, is about to make another batch. Sadly, I will not partake. Will I still want one in a year? That remains to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment