Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 163

Goodness, it's been a long time since I've posted my thoughts. I gave myself a mini retreat this weekend. I had been overeating and obsessing more and more about food. So I wrote up a schedule of meals, rest, journaling, reading Geneen Roth, etc. and I feel so refreshed after 3 days. I've been working and checking emails during this time, but it's all in the schedule so I stay balanced. I realized that I still operate under a lot of "shoulds" -- I should do work in this free time, I should take care of matters on my laptop this afternoon, I should return phone calls while I have a break. Having a schedule gives me freedom from those "shoulds" and allows me to return to myself, to the calm, contented place inside of me.

I've been drinking Glucerna shakes for my meals for these 3 days. This helped me cut out all the time I was spending thinking about food and what I could eat. It has also made me feel connected to and included in humanity. Glucerna was created especially for diabetics. I feel such a warmth and specialness about that! Instead of being on the outside looking in, excluded from so many foods, here is a food/drink made specifically for me! And it is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment