Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 145

I have dabbled in a little bit of sugar. While pet sitting in a different area of the island, I bought 3 melt-in-your-mouth Lindt truffles at Border's, plus ate a few sugary cookie bites at their house. It was rather impulsive. Boy, being out of my normal routine causes some kind of upheaval that makes me highly uncomfortable and leads me straight to food. I have another opportunity this weekend -- pet sitting again -- to observe this phenomenon and stay with my feelings rather than eating over them. I have to do something different this time. I might try expressing my feelings out loud. I have to open up those old beliefs or thought patterns that continue this destructive behavior of mine.

One thing I am doing is being more generous with what I eat. Eating delicious foods that I might have been avoiding because of wanting to lose weight. Allowing luxury and decadence into my meals. It feels good. It is treating myself as deserving of the good things in life. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment