Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 136

I had a moment of gorgeousness just now. I dropped a bath ball from LUSH into my tub of hot water and soaked in deliciousness -- pink, frothy bubbles and sweetly scented liquid relaxation. What is it about a bath that is so soothing? I don't even like baths. But to feel that vanilla cupcake LUSH ball crumbling between my fingers as it melted into the water, while my Mrs. Claus's Cookies candle glowed on the edge of the tub . . . is that heaven, or what? Sensual pleasures.......

This is part of my return to loveliness (quoting Geneen Roth). As my mind wants to harangue me about eating too much and not exercising in the past few days, my body -- oh that smart entity -- just wants to sink into the moment and be. Why do I even allow that heaviness in my head to have any sway over me? Aren't we supposed to move towards what brings us joy? That would definitely be the LUSH life, not the criticizing thoughts in my head. I make a commitment to simply luxuriate in my soft pink lounging pants this evening and read an incredibly moving book until I fall asleep. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment